One of the responsibilities of any Colorado SEO expert or any SEO Analyst is in setting and achieving realistic SEO Expectations with their clients which generally means the creation of a search engine friendly website which must be established before SEO Expectations can be set. Oftentimes when SEO Analysts or an SEO consultant starts working on a customer’s site it’s like raising it from the dead, and many fundamental elements must be fixed before anything is expected to move or advance. Most webmasters and interactive management teams do not include forethought on web design and web development integrating SEO Friendly attributes into the site’s layout, structure, or web design. Add to that the business owner is usually not asking the right questions. In addition, keep in mind that everything has a lag time on the web. For example, you might publish a live change today and Google doesn’t even discover it or crawl your site until two weeks later, and then Google constantly rehashes their Cache and reshuffles their index reevaluating display results.
What are the Attributes of a Search Engine Friendly Web Site?
- Business websites should perform in the search engines if the Internal Linking was done properly.
- You also need to cover your topic thoroughly with unique SEO Copy Writing web content by choosing the correct primary keywords along with many long-tailed keyword phrases on the internal web pages supporting the overall major theme.
- SEO Link Building will become necessary and you will need a minimum of 50 or 100 links from other websites to become relevant and be seen as an authority in your industry. The inbound links for instance could be from some top sites such as the same sites that are linking to your competition that is ahead of you in the SERP Rankings.
- Make sure you have inbound links to your internal pages which is called Deep Linking.
- Create a diversified link profile for instance from blogs, directories, microblogs, social bookmarking sites, social media marketing sites, press releases, business profile sites etc, other local commerce sites in your community or state.
- Arguably one of the most important links comes from a DMOZ directory listing so be sure to submit manually to DMOZ.
- Too many images or flash design can be obstructive or bad for web design objectives.
- Each web page should be content focused and should have targeted keywords that humans actually search for monthly.
- Have your most important web pages (ie. priority pages where the action takes place) more generously linked with incoming links from both within your site and from the outside linking in.
- Submit site maps to Google which can be either a HTML site map or XML site map or better yet- both types could be present, and install a Robots.txt file for goodness sakes.
- Use unique meta tags and great descriptive title tags, plus emphasize your most critical content with header tags such as H1 and H2 or 3 in particular paragraphs.
- Make sure you have a defined URL structure or a flexible permalink structure that can match the document topic.
- Create web pages with 200-400 relevant words that have a related tag cloud of information.
- Use wording attributes such as bold, italics, different font types, underline, font size etc. – Make your page interesting looking with some graphics, images or relevant data such as specifications.
- Design an easily recognizable call to action so your human visitor knows exactly where to go to get their inquiry resolved.